SAM Software Awards
Released in early 1990 to encourage software development.
MGT CHALLENGES YOU TO WRITE SAM SOFTWARE!
£20,000 to be won!
THE SAM SOFTWARE AWARDS have been conceived to create a wealth of new software for the SAM Coupé, with a variety of prizes on offer for new, original SAM- specific software.
The top prize winner will be the person or team writing software which shows the most originality, makes the best use of the Coupé's capabilities and is likely to make the most commercial impact. The top prize is £15,000 but there are a number of
other prizes and each entry is eligible for more than one prize.
And there's more than justthe prize money on offer. MGT now has its own software division and will be happy to publish any entries which we believe to be commercially viable, regardless of whether or not they are prize-winners.
If you don't already have a SAM Coupé, you can take advantage of our special offer Development Pack (details overleaf). Then all you need to do is read the rules and get writing. Once you have completed your program, send it off to us together with the entry form and keep your fingers crossed!
We've persuaded the leading trade magazine, Computer Trade Weekly, to do the judging, and interim prizes will be announced every two months, with the top prize of £15,000 being awarded in December 1990.
FIRST PRIZE £15,000
March / April £500
May / June £500
July / August £500
September / October £500
Best Under - 12 entry £1,000
Best 12 - 16 entry £1,000
Best non - game entry £1,000
TOTAL PRIZE MONEY: £20,000
For those entrants who do not already own a SAM Coupé, we can offer a special rate on our development pack which includes:
SAM Coupé 256k computer
Single 3.5" 780k disk drive
Extra 256k memory expansion pack
Printer Interface (Parallel / RS232)
One year full guarantee
ALL THIS FOR JUST £300!
(Recommended Retail Price £335.75)
This pack is available from selected Coupé retailers. Alternatively, order direct from us by filling in the form below
RULES AND REGULATIONS
- The MGT SAM SOFTWARE AWARDS (hereinafter known as "the Awards" is organised by MILES GORDON TECHNOLOGY PLC (hereinafter known as "Awards Organisers"). Members of the general public (hereinafter known as "entrants") are invited to write new, original software for the MGT SAM Coupé home computer.
- The winner will be the person or team writing the software which, in the opinion of the judges, shows the most originality, makes the best use of the Coupé's capabilities, and is likely to make the most commercial impact.
- Entries will be judged by a team of judges presided over by the UK's trade magazine for the leisure computer industry, Computer Trade Weekly. Final judging will take place in December 1990. Winners will be informed directly by telephone and letter of confirmation on or before 17th December 1990. A full list of winners' names and counties of residence will be published in Computer Trade Weekly in the pre-Christmas issue.
- Entrants must submit their entry together with a fully completed entry form in order for the entry to be accepted. Parents of entrants under 16 years of age must give permission by signing the entry form.
- Entrants may present their software on tape or in 3.5" or 5.25" disk format. To qualify for the awards, the software submitted should be fully debugged and suitable for publication.
- Entries must be received by the Awards Organisers by 30th November 1990. Entries received after this date will not be eligible for an award.
- Prizes. The first prize will be £15,000. There will also be interim bi-monthly prizes of £500 for the best software submitted in that particular two-month period (March/April, May/June, July/August, September/October). Interim prizes will be announced and received one month after the bi-monthly closing date. Entries awarded interim prizes will also be forwarded for entry to the first prize. Special prizes of £1000 will be awarded to the best software written by the under 12 age group and the 12-16 age group. A third special prize of £1,000 will be awarded to the best software which is not a game. All special prizes will be awarded in December 1990. One entry may win prizes in more than one category.
- The Judges reserve the right to refuse any entry if, in the reasonable opinion of the judges, it is submitted in contravention of the rules and regulations.
- The decisions of the judges are final. No correspondence or discussion will be entered into. Participation in the Awards will be deemed to be acceptance of the rules.
- Professional software writers under contract to software companies may enter under the rules and regulations of the competition. However, they will be required to sign a statement confirming that they are not in breach of any contract that may exist with a software company. Any prizes awarded will go to authors and not to the company that employs them.
- There is no limit to the amountof entries each entrant may submit.
- Entrants are reminded that entries are only eligible for the Awards on receipt thereof and once in the possession of the Award Organisers no liability for loss or damage is accepted by the Awards Organisers or any of the judges or associated parties. Receipt of entries will not be acknowledged and it is recommended that Entrants retain copies of their entries.
- The Awards Organisers reserve the right to extend the duration of the of the Awards or withhold prizes if, in the reasonable opinion of the judges insufficient entries are received or if, in the reasonable opinion of the judges, entries are not of sufficient quality.
- The MGT SAM Software Awards are sponsored by Miles Gordon Technology plc and the provision of prizes and the administration of the Awards is at their absolute discretion.
- The Awards are open to members of the public worldwide and entries may be submitted in any language.