Paper & Disk based SAM Magazine. First issue launched in 2002, and still being produced.
More information: http://www.samcoupe.com/
See attached preview issue.
Yes, it’s back. Yes, it’s been a long time. But issue 24 of SAM Revival magazine is now finally out!
Some of the highlights from this issue:
- News from around the SAM Coupé Scene.
- What happened to Sandman’s Shadow - information, screenshots and sketches from Gordon Wallis about the point-and-click adventure game he was developing back in 1992.
- Developer Diary - Lots of info from SAM developers featuring a Space Invaders Arcade Machine Emulator (Simon Owen), Wubtris + more (Rob Evans).
- Coupe Correspondence - lots of readers letters.
- SAM Comment - kicking around some potential new projects for the SAM Coupe.
On The Coverdisk:
On the coverdisk you’ll find the full game ‘The Witching Hour’ by John Vincent (who also painted the fab cover artwork for the magazine too!) There’s also the preview demo ‘Minutes Before The Witching Hour’.
This issue of SAM Revival costs £4.99 with UK postage, or £6.99 including Airmail postage for Europe.
With SAM Revival 24 released a couple of weeks ago, I have to say thank you for the feedback I’ve received - it’s really appreciated and glad to see the issue went down well. Issue 25 itself is now nearing completion, I’m aiming for it to be out within the next couple of weeks as there’s a lot of catching up to do! It’s going to weigh in at 56 pages and it’s going to be bundled with two coverdisks, there’s just too much new software to get out!
Along with the first internet enabled programs for the SAM, there’s also a massive megademo that spans an entire disk. This was originally planned to be part of a special SR magazine for SAM’s 20th anniversary issue, but I’ve decided it’s best to cancel that however this does allow all the prepared content, interviews and software to feature in the main SAM Revival magazine, which you’ll start to see from issue 25 onwards.
Some of the highlights on what’s coming up in issue 25:
- Weighing in at 56 pages, the magazine features a huge news section to cover all the latest developments and releases from the SAM Coupé scene.
- Phil Wilson shows off all the work on his customised SAM as it’s now been completed.
- Following on in a similar vein there are details on several other SAM Coupé modifications and projects.
- Exclusive screenshots, design sketches and all the information from Warren Lee on a game sequel that he’s working on.
- Random SAM trivia in the ever popular SAM Snippets.
- A look at some of the more rare and obscure SAM Coupe item’s I’ve been able to add to my personal collection.
- More letters and discussion in the Coupé Correspondence and SAM Comment sections - Feel free to join in!
- Two coverdisks, the first features more new SAM software, including the first internet enabled programs to use with the Trinity Ethernet Interface, thanks to the hard work by Adrian Brown porting a TCP/IP stack to the SAM Coupé.
- The second coverdisk features a mind blowing megademo from MNEMOtech’s Andrew Collier, who has done some really impressive coding for the effects!
You can preorder SAM Revival issue 25 on my website for £4.99 (with UK postage), or £6.99 (with EU postage). All back issues are still available too, please see my website for further information.
The only magazine produced purely for the Sam Coupé.
Coverdisks started with issue 9. (Audio CD on issue 11).
Spot colour introduced in issue 14.