Multi purpose ethernet interface, with built in 128K EEPROM for settings, and MMC/SD card slot for mass storage being the three main features hence 'the trinity'.
Initial use of Trinity requires a floppy drive to load B-DOS
or you can install a Trinity Boot ROM
to allow the SAM to boot B-DOS
from the onboard EEPROM at power on.
Current status: Released. Priced £69.99.
Mass Storage for SAM files using MMC and SD cards up to 64Gb supported with B-DOS
Unveiled in issue 19 of Sam Revival
A big round of applause to:
- hand converting C based uIP TCP/IP stack to Z80 assembler by hand
- writing the Trinity Ethernet Driver for handling the comms to the ethernet controller on the Trinity
- original artwork
- some fab eTracker music
enhancement to increase supported card size.
A quick video on YouTube showing TCP/IP working.
Another TCP/IP demo program… downloading a game straight to the SAM!
- for letting his SAM remake of XOR
become the first downloadable game for the SAM!
- for the TCP/IP stack code
- for the Trinity Ethernet Driver
The two TCP/IP test programs will be included on the software disk with supplied with the Trinity Ethernet Interface as well as on the coverdisk with SAM Revival