Acceptable Disk Formats
In an attempt to be consistent and to tidy up the myriad of disk formats please take the following into account when uploading.
- MGT (or DSK) - Raw Disk image created by SAMdisk Utility
- DSK - Extended Disk format created by SAMdisk Utility
In these days of broadband and cheap storage there is no requirement to compress disk images but if you must the please use ZIP or GZ compression - all relevant tools such as SimCoupe and SAMdisk Utility will handle that in-place - please do not use other compression algorithms.
Legacy Disk Formats
Please avoid using these formats and convert any images before uploading:
- SDF - Simon Owen’s custom disk format.
- SAD - Aleš Keprt's Disk format.
- TD0 - Teledisk format.
- PAK - Rumsoft PAK archive, not a disk format.
- LIB/LCB - Library Archive, not a disk format.
- BAS - Tokenised BASIC file, not a disk format.
Disk Conversion Tools
Legacy Disk Tools
The SAM allows for variable baud tape files and can natively load headers and data from ZX Spectrum tapes.
Acceptable Tape Formats
- TAP - For tape-only based files
- TZX - For tape-only media preservation
Tape Conversion Tools
TAP and TZX are supported in SimCoupe's Tape Browser.